Taupo Intermediate School has achieved a unique place for itself since its establishment in 1969.
Like all schools the Intermediate has had to respond to the numerous Government policy changes in education. Taupo Intermediate has accepted the challenges posed by these changes and has been engaged in progressive and innovative school-wide development to fulfil its mission. The result is a unique organisation that is dedicated to the educational and social needs of the 11 to 13 year old student.
Our model of school organisation has a strong “home room” culture with a focus on Literacy and Numeracy.
- Have a “constructivist” pedagogy
- Have a degree of specialisation
- Focus on citizenship, identity, morals and values
- Have a staff that understand and are committed to the Middle Years as a specific learning phase
- Have a broad, flexible, uncluttered curriculum.